| Home | E-Submission | Sitemap | Contact Us |  
top_img
J Korean Soc Emerg Med > Volume 22(2); 2011 > Article
Journal of The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine 2011;22(2): 181-183.
A Case of Naematololma Fasciculare Poisoning due to Misidentification as an Edible Mushroom
Hui Young Lee, Chan Woo Park, Jun Hwi Cho, Seong Bin Cheon, Joong Bum Moon
1Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University Hospital, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea.
2Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Kangwon National University Hospital, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Korea. cjhemd@kangwon.ac.kr
ABSTRACT
It is very difficult to discern edible mushrooms such as Naematololma sublateritium from toxic mushrooms such as Naematololma. fasciculare in the natural environment. We experienced a case of a patient who accidentally ingested Naematololma. fasciculare. The patient was admitted to the emergency department with nonspecific abdominal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Treatment involved supportive care instead of gastric lavage and charcoal, since their effectiveness is unproven for relief of mushroom intoxication.
Key words: Mushroom, Poisoning, Vomiting
TOOLS
PDF Links  PDF Links
Full text via DOI  Full text via DOI
Download Citation  Download Citation
Share:      
METRICS
1,299
View
8
Download
Related article
Editorial Office
The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine
TEL: +82-62-226-1780   FAX: +82-62-224-3501   E-mail: 0012194@csuh.co.kr
About |  Browse Articles |  Current Issue |  For Authors and Reviewers
Copyright © The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine.                 Developed in M2PI